Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Best-est Time of our Lives Part 2

After a little light entertainment at a Motown show, the ladies all packed into a car and headed off the Equilibrium bar (also known affectionately as EQ bar). Unfortunately, EQ is located on what we call the dodgy end of the cityÂ…no convenient work parking for us this time. On Liverpool Street, we spotted a security guard patrolling World Square (I think his name was CHUB.) Kat was immediately smitten. Never one to shy away from a perfect match making opportunity, I rolled down my window and gave the gentlemen Kat's number (Chub sported some very pronounced eye brows and a fringe that was worthy of a mention on the Blog)

We arrived at EQ bar where we where able to walk straight though (woo hoo!). On the inside, the ladies managed to steal the last available booth in the room; it was located in a prime position, on the edge of the dance floor and right next to the DJ. We danced up a storm as the DJ dished up soulful sounds of Stevie Wonder and other Motown classics. On the dance floor, we experienced the phenomena known as a wing woman. My sis and I were approached by a very forceful wing woman, her name was Bella. She proceeded to grab our wrist and pull us against our will towards her friend who waited in the middle of the dance floor. Lucky Lisa, managed to break free of the wing woman's evil clasp and ran like a hungry jungle cat. Feeling not dissimilar to a somewhat hairless dog, I had declined a drink with the semi attractive friend (I don’t believe in guys who feel the need to troll women by the employment of other woman). As I headed back to my friends, I was approached by wing woman number 2, this time with a marriage proposal from her friend. As un/flattering as this was, I politely excused myself and searched for the ladies.

The ladies by this stage, was surrounded by a group of very tall, handsome and slightly scary men (I think they were part of the Russian mafia, however, they’re inclination to bogie suggested otherwise). The main Russian had declared that the next song was dedicated to us; we waited in anticipation to hear what sweet tune he had requested. As we were greeted with the first few lines of the Village People’s YMCA we knew, it was time to relocate.

We left the Russians, who by now, where enthusiastically rehearsing the best of the Village People and headed for the club upstairs. Luckily we bumped into our good friend Breezy, who managed to wave the cover charge for us (snaps for Breezy!). The sweaty and steamy room upstairs was spilling over with grinding bodies, a drummer percussionist in the centre and a DJ in the corner (a very sexy set up). Remembering Sarah’s recent bout of DVT, we urgently searched for a spot for Sarah to put her sore feet up. I searched desperately for spare seat; I couldn’t find anything other than a free bed. The bed was laid with cushions, pillows and satin...how perfect! We spent the rest of the night entertaining from our bed. Somewhere between 2-3 am in the morning, we left EQ and headed to Katina’s house, where we ate Greek omelet and giggled until the sun came up.


Check out the BIG bed!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everybody get down.. Get in the chopper!

9:58 AM  
Blogger lil_lamies said...

OMG how could I forget to leave out Arnie!!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahaha... shock.. horror.. I can't believe my bro made it to your blog before me!!! :):):) hahaha
man.. if that dude gets paid for going out we'd be rich by now!!!
You ladies look hot!!!! It's good to see pics with Sarah in it.... it's almost too hard to even think she has to go again :(

4:17 PM  
Blogger lil_lamies said...

Row...now you made me all upset! I was tricking myself into believing that Sarah will stay in Sydney forever! Hope you're well sweety

5:21 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hey There peoples!!!

That weekend was great fun and that night was full of surprises.

Don't make me cry...I am the one leaving...its hitting me now that I will go again.

Who knows what the future will hold...pray I strike a lottery and can fly back every month!!!

He He...thanks for showing me a great time peoples...love u all and will miss u all again!!!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home