Thursday, June 15, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS LANNI



















It takes a very special person to come up with the super cool theme of “Vixen Heroines” for her 25th Birthday and it takes an even more special person to encourage others to get dressed up for the occasion.

After millions of emails and what seemed like a ton of wigs and latex costumes later, the night finally rolled around. I was due to make a cameo as Captain Jack (Jackie) Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean’s, however due a perfectly timed tummy bug; my costume was only half finish. (I decided against wearing my make shift costume for the fear that I would have been mistaken for a burlesque Madame without the eye patch, parrot and sword).


A miserably cold and wet night saw me make my way to Peppermint Lounge. The cab ride there proved to be unbearable; the cab driver completed a degree in abrupt driving and majored in swearing. Coupled with my upset tummy and the overly congested cab, I predicted an uncomfortable ride ahead. Fortunately, I arrived at Peppermint Lounge sans vomit and still alive, I was so grateful to be in one piece I gave the driver a $10 dollar tip.

As I was ticked off the list, the Door-girl gave me a flirty grin as she mentioned that Charlie’s Angels were upstairs waiting for me…she then asked me whether I was meant to be a Dominatrix? (What the?) Ignoring her comment and blaming it on my weariness, I ventured upstairs, where I was greeted by three of the most colorful characters you could imagine. Agnes was Uma Thurman’s Character from Kill Bill (check out her wig, isn’t it fabulously styled! It looks blow dried!), Mands was Felicity Shagwell (complete with bum cheeks and all) and Lovely Lanni was Drew Barrymore from Charlie’s Angels.

As the night progressed, Bat Girl Miriam entered with a trusty side kick and Aeon Flux (Amy) also walked in the door, sporting a beautiful baby belly. Once I had figured out who Aeon Flux was, I couldn’t help admiring the uncanny resemblance, check out the comparison below!










Happy 25th Birthday Lanni, what a wonderful night spent with Capped crusaders and Masked madams!

2 Comments:

Blogger PiCkLeS said...

Betty I still can't work out your costume! heheh

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going for Jesus and the Technicolour Dream coat look!

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home