Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Wonder of Stevie

A miserably cold and wet night saw me make my way to a farewell dinner at Il Trattoraro, a quant and unassuming little Italian restaurant in Paddington. Being ditched by both my sister and Katina, I managed to convince a friend to accompany me. With a little persuasion, some bribing and the uncomfortable repeated usage of the word date, he agreed to pick me up and be my buffer for the night. After an emergency stop at the convenience store and a couple of wrong turns, true to form, we were the last ones to arrive. As we entered the restaurant, the side whisperings from the other guests where as subtle as a pink elephant. We were introduced to the other guests, all of who’s names I have conveniently forgotten and sat down beside a handsome couple.

After a little light hearted conversation, we came to the realisation that the husband was actually a sub contractor for Macquarie Bank. As the food began to disappear, the drinking began. Politeness aside, the husband of the handsome couple began telling us about his fetish for chocolate, Coke and strange vodka-like Irish alcohol. I thought this a little bizarre, but continued the conversation none the less. He began to inquire me about my fetishes and then it hit me, I think the husband was trying to flirt with me! His wife was completely oblivious to the situation, because she was subtly trying to hit on my buffer! Being typical twenty-something’s we cleverly had a second set of plans for the evening. We politely excused ourselves from the dinner and left feeling a little violated and VERY full. Next stop the
Basement.

The Basement was featuring a Stevie Wonder extravaganza. The vocals were spectacular (then again, I am a little bias) the song selection was perfect and the band was amazing! It was a sell out performance, there must have been hundreds of Sydney-siders packed into the un-air-conditioned bar. I squeezed my way through the sweaty and enthusiastic crowd to meet Lisa and Katina who were squashed beside the DJ booth. The crowd mouthed every single word of the songs and swayed in unison with the exception of an anal couple who should have packed up and gone home, the night was a complete hit. Here are some pics from the fab night, featuring the talents of Katina, Lisa, Shai, Jessica and me.

2 sleeps until
Sarah comes home!!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was a superb nite out! i love it cause it is always fun!!
yay - sarah coming home! u will be able to experience this type of fun very soon! yay!!!

9:47 AM  
Blogger PiCkLeS said...

I totally forgot about the apple crumble!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home