Sunday, May 14, 2006

Busy Bee

Day:

Seduced

It is an important event that will get me up before 9am on a Saturday morning, this week it was the Seduce factory sale. Katina picked me up at the ungodly hour of 9am to head to the sale. Credit cards in hand, retail appetites well equipped and an unnatural willingness to sift through every item in the warehouse ensured that we wouldn’t walk out empty handed. My aim was getting my little greedy hands on anything in a size 6/8 and decide later whether I wanted it or not. Kat’s aim was to pretty much buy everything in sight.

We managed to lose each other amongst the hullabaloo of the sale, however when Kat found me, she was lost under a pile of luxe jumpers and sexy suites, she was waving a top to me. I immediately fell in love with it, as it was so perfectly, a Lisa top (Lisa couldn’t make the shopping expedition due to illness), in Lisa’s absence, Kat had found this top for her and I think there was a teary moment of appreciation there.

After what felt like hours of traumatic communal change room antics, we headed towards the checkout to pay for our bundles of claim. The "Lisa top" did not have a price tag on it and the gentleman at the counter estimated that the top was approximately $35 (I was pretty chuffed at this), however with a disapproving shake of the Kat’s head, he dropped the price down to $15. Kat further exercised her retail rights and managed to get the top down to $10, how absolutely fabulous.

House Hunting

High from the sale, Kat and I raced back to suburbs to scope out Emily’s own potential purchase (I am referring to the
property her and JC are currently courting). Can I just say, what a charming house. Everything about this property invites you to imagine the possibilities, Emily, I can imagine late DVD nights, chocolate fondue, dinner parties and BBQs. Good luck you guys, I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Night:

Happy Mother’s Day

A genius Aunty of mine decided to have the annual Mother’s Day dinner at the overly busy and congested Garden Buffet at Star City. To top it off, we couldn’t make a booking as it was mother’s day, we were a party of 23 and there were hoards of hungry humans to contend with. The food was of the buffet variety, tiny prawns, endless salad and greenery and super chewy meat, yummy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

So what did y'all buy me???

Oh..I wanna see pics of this house!!! I am shocked that Ems hasn't got pics up yet!?!?!

A very big kiss to ur mum!! Give her Mother's Day wishes from me!!!

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought you a potato Sarah, don't you love it? I passed on your hugs and kisses to Mum and she cried a bit i think...I have no idea where your mum is, but when she comes home I'm going to give her a big kiss myself!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Dianna said...

how do you find out about all these factory sales?! 10 dollars for a seduce top.. that's criminal!!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home