Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Thank You!


In the never ending cycle of life, it seems perpetually true that what goes around comes around. After a few months of sheer bliss, I found myself nervously glancing over my shoulder, in anticipation of what might sneak up on me. And true to form my waters were not wrong; some would say in the more colloquial form, I was hammered. I was left to fend for myself at work for 3 dramatic weeks while other colleagues basked in the sun as I sat under the artificial neon lighting, not an ideal tanning situation.

Just as my spirits were frazzled and shaken, a sprinkling of surprises made their way to me, Kat treated me to ice cream and a bag of Cadbury Crème Eggs, which I secretly consumed in a broom closet at work. The next day along came the rain and with it Macquarie’s end of financial year. As I dragged my tired old sole (as in my shoes) back to work after lunch, I had received a fabulous flower from non other than Ems! This immediately put an ear to ear grin on my face and strangely sent the office into gossip-frenzy. On Friday, I was paid a spontaneous from Lisa and our buddy Johnny; again I was called down to reception to accept yet another gift, this time in the form of Krispy Kremes (by now the people at reception think I am a sugar addict). Upon opening the box, I noticed one was missing, but threw my arms over little Lisa, half in gratitude and half due to delirium. Later on that night, I was presented with a further two blocks of chocolates from a couple of fellas at work; needless to say I was feeling much appreciated and perhaps a little too special. And today I was presented with the happiest bunch of flowers I have seen, sent by the ever so thoughtful Di.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who had the not so nice pleasure of dealing with my nutty and questionable behavior. I promise; the normal Betty (with a bite) will return shortly in the mean time, please enjoy a substitute I prepared earlier.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dianna said...

OMG i'm craving krispy kremes
*drooool*

6:45 PM  
Blogger lil_lamies said...

Ehehe! you should have seen the hand picked selection Lisa gave me, there was a pink one with white chocolate sprinkles on the top...yummy in the tummy!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hey...why what happened?? Betty keep me posted!!!

My mummy just sent me a package with easter chocs!!! Needless to say she packed 2 packs of Creme Eggs for me...and a Lindt bunny ...and After 8 chocs!!!

YUMMY!!!

4:49 PM  
Blogger lil_lamies said...

Hey Sarah, I heard about that pack your mumma sent you, delicious! We went over to your parent's place on the weekend; needless to say we all left in the wee hours of the next morning! I'll email you and let you know finer details

oxox
B

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home