Sunday, January 08, 2006

Psychic Moments

Upon cleaning out my room, I stumbled upon some notes I had taken on a visit to a psychic 5 months ago. I usually don’t take these things at face value but the below predictions have surprisingly eventuated:

1. Career wise, he predicted that there would be major restructuring in my team; this was to happen in about 3 or 4 months. 4 months after I saw the psychic my manager resigned, we now have a new team structure with new management and a new location. He also stated that I would be more passionate and excited about money…I am yet to experience a gleeful couple of hours rolling around on a bed lined with $100 dollar bills.

2. On the family front, he predicted that my extended family would become much closer by the end of the year. Those reading this may be rolling their eyes and shaking their fists thinking “well that was obvious, hello, Christmas!” For those who don’t know my family, should know that the day time shows Days of our Lives and Passions are loosely based on my family. In saying that, Christmas and New Year celebrations brought my family closer then ever this year, there goes that warm fuzzy feeling again.

3. On a more interesting note, he predicted a little more drama on the friendship front. The psychic predicated that I would loose or outgrow 2 of my friends. Looking back I can name the 2 friends whom I have become estranged from…*tears*

Another friendship prediction suggested that two of my friends would settle down in the next 6 months. In my head I had conjured up images of country farm houses and children in polka dot overalls. I then realised that indeed, 2 of my good friends have since announced their engagement and are soon to be settled…creepy.

4. Romantically speaking, I am yet to meet the tall, stylish and dashingly handsome entrepreneur that sweeps my off my feet.

I think that a visit to the psychic should be taken with a pinch of salt (and perhaps a shot of tequila if need be). Predictions are just that, they should be taken light heartedly. Although you can’t help but believe that there must be something more out there than what we can see and touch.


Weekend piccies


Dinner with the ladies at Cafe Sydney

Macquarie Bank ladies @ Renee's 21st

Lip smaking Goodies

5 Comments:

Blogger Dianna said...

did the psychic mention that you'd make a new friend called Di who wouldn't be able to do the Jamilla no matter how hard she'd try?
=)
This is betty btw right?
I think Lisa is more familiar with my Jamilla-retardedness.
lol

btw, it's freaky that he gave you such specific predictions. I mean, the stereotypical psychic offers vague generalised predictions like "there'll be changes in your life" or something similarly cryptic.
Give me his number, I want to know stuff too!!

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Di, he mentioned that I would meet a friend who is in the medical profession. He mentioned that I would meet her through a friend and it would involve some sort of physical activity! Gee....I wonder if he was referring to you!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Dianna said...

Betty are you for real?!?!?!
I can't believe that!! It'd be toooo freaky and real!
darn it, the internet blocks my ability to read sarcasm, are you being sarcastic???

xo

11:43 AM  
Blogger lil_lamies said...

No Di, Betty is being very serious. We were talking about it last night. How spot are the predictions. Ps, is your msn stuffed? I couldnt reply

L

2:59 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh Betty,

U know I wasn't a fan of that guy psychic, but he wasn't bad. I wonder what the lady would have said to you??

As for ur Black Betty post....I am happy that u r finally learning not to be stressed, especially over things and people that you have no control of....2006 is a bright year....u will see!!!

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home