Tuesday, November 08, 2005

To Chemistry Or Not To Chemistry?

Upon having a recent conversation with my girlfriends (Kat, Dee and Betty), we quickly arrived at a heated discussion about whether or not there should be chemistry for you to date a guy or even give him more attention.

On one hand Kat believes that chemistry is something that can be sought out after a few dates, or even a few weeks. She believes that most people have some quality in them that should be worth taking time out to discover.

Now me on the other hand, if I don’t get that feeling (you know what I mean ladies...) in the first half an hour of meeting the “potential man”, then it’s not worth my time or effort. I know myself, that I just can't seem to muster up that physical and emotional energy it requires to blubber on about the ailing ceiling structure over dinner with a "potential man" to fill in the awkward silences...up until the magical time that there may be a glimmer of chemistry; in which case I will definitely mistake it for delusion because I was so bored in the first place.
So ladies and gents, let me know... is it necessary to have chemistry with a "potential man" before one actually dates him? Or God willing give him a second or third date??

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well for there to be a desire to actually go on a date with someone shouldnt there be atleast a lil chemistry? I mean u don't decide to date just any guy just becoz hes male right?? Now saying that there need not be much chemistry, just enough so that u WANT to pursue a date n not think u SHOULD or NEED to. I think chemistry can be built up and even created tho its a little dangerous if its created because theres a risk that at some point you are going to remember why u didnt have chemistry with this guy in the first place. Not that I've ever dated anybody before! HA! Just my thoughts tho :P

9:13 PM  
Blogger PiCkLeS said...

you know I was about to agree with Lisa and say that you must have some sort of initial chemistry but then i remebered that Jacky and I had none the very first time we met. I had my eye on his friend and he was off slow dancing with a friend of mine.

His friend turned out to be as interesting as a brick wall and well...the rest is history...over 7 years of it! so you be the judge

10:00 PM  
Blogger Student154 said...

I believe in chemistry, hell i believe in love at first sight even, how naive am I??

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To go on a date someone I think that you need to be attracted to them (you can't really be looking for the ellusive 'chemistry' in a dimly lit bar). Within the first 30mins or so of that first date you realise whether or not you have that 'chemistry'. If you do, then you have a eureka moment, if you don't, then you sit back, enjoy the dinner/ drink, and just have a good time (and perhaps roll your eyes at them when they're not looking). You then have the choice to either see them again (because they have asked you and you don't have the heart to say no) or you can politely decline (this is difficult once you've actually been out on the first date with them). If there is no chemistry and you agree to see them again this ususally can only last for a few dates and then it fizzles out. As the Twins said, if there isn't a spark then it's just not worth the effort!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Heya Girlies.....glad that you both have jumped on the Blog bandwagon!!!

Yes, I believe in chemistry. That instant connection that makes you look twice.

On that note I don't think that you should ignore anyone that may not have that chemistry initially. Often with some people, there is a mystery that builds and intrigues you more with each new meeting and then the chemistry becomes more evident.

You know the deal.....couples that are together for eternity, but really they are people who hated eachother's guts and despised them when they first met!!!

So I guess there is no real line to be drawn because in this matter there are so many exceptions.

Hey....is this Nikki my sis?? If so...I'm glad that you haven't dated...or you would be in big trouble!!! But good words you wrote!!! Makes me wonder how someone with NO experience can be so clued in on the issue?!?!?hmmmm.....

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home